- Researcher ID: A-7644-2012 , ORCID, Google Scholar
- Institut für Neuroinformatik, RUB, 44780 Bochum, Germany
- Room: NB3-66
- Latitude: 51° 26' 43.08" North, Longitude: 7° 16' 0.84" East, Elevation: 130m
- Telephone: +49 234 32-27994, Telefax: +49 234 32-07994
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Consultation hours: please make an appointment via e-mail.
- Applied Informatics (German)
- Vorlesungsverzeichnis (German)
- Lecture/exercise Vision in Man and Machine
- Lecture/exercise Artificial Neural Networks
- Seminar Selected topics in Neural Computation
- Master Seminar Learning and Vision
- Diploma in Mathematics at Heidelberg University (1986).
- Research assistant at the MPI for Brain Research (1988-1989).
- Research assistant and Ph.D. student at the INI (1990-1994).
- Ph.D. (Dr. rer. nat.) in Physics (1994).
- Postdoc at Dept. of Computing Science, University of Groningen (1995-1997).
- Faculty member at INI (since 1997).
- Faculty member at IGSN (since 2003).
- Acting chairholder for Systems Biophysics (2006-2008).
- Head of Organic Computing Research Group (since 2008).
- Faculty member (Privatdozent) at Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (since 2009).
- Member of IEEE, ACM, GI, GK, EU-COGNITION.
- Organic Computing
- Image understanding
- Neural networks
- Visual object recognition
- Face recognition
- Visual memory
- Autonomous learning of object representations
- Integration of visual, tactile, and proprioceptive information