Python is a programming language that is wide-spread among scientists due to its readability and powerful standard libraries. This practical course teaches Python to students with prior experience in other programming languages. In addition to introducing the language itself, we will focus on scientific computing including vectors and matrices. During the second week, participants will implement their own project in Python.
- Course type
- Lab courses
- 3 CP
- Summer Term 2015
- Lab course
every day from 10:00 to 18:00 in room NA 04/494.
First appointment is on 21.09.2015
Last appointment is on 02.10.2015
"Grundlagen der Programmierung" / Fluency in at least one other programming language required / Recommended preparation: "Grundlagen der Informatik" and "Datenstrukturen"
- Python basics: syntax, interpreter, control structures, data types, OOP, etc.
- Scientific computing: NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, parallelization
- Code quality: PyDoc, exceptions, debugging, profiling, unittests, git
- Project: realization of an own project in Python
Grading is based on the realization of an own project during the course.
Please register through sending us a mail to email@example.com. Also remember to register via FlexNow or the examination office if neccessary. Students of PO13 will be given priority because participation in one of the programming courses is mandatory for them. Other students may send us a mail as well to get to the waiting list until the end of PO13 registration phase.
In your mail please include:
- student ID number (Matrikelnummer)
- study program (Studiengang)
- current semester