Python is a programming language that is wide-spread among scientists due to its readability and powerful standard libraries. This practical course teaches Python to students with prior experience in other programming languages. In addition to introducing the language itself, we will focus on scientific computing including vectors and matrices as well as data processing and mild machine learning. During the second week, participants will implement a project in Python.
- Course type
- Lab courses
- 3 CP
- Summer Term 2019
- Lab course
every day from 10:00 to 16:00 in room IA 0/158-79 (PC-Pool 1).
First appointment is on 16.09.2019
Last appointment is on 27.09.2019
- Preliminary meeting
Takes place on
from 13:30 to 14:15 in room NB 3/57.
We expect fluency in one other programming language and familiarity with concepts like
- control structures
- data types
- object-oriented programming
These concepts will not be taught separately.
The official language of the course is English.
- Python basics: syntax, interpreter, control structures, data types, OOP
- Scientific computing: NumPy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn
- Project: realization of a project in Python
Grading is based on the project in the second week. If crucial components of Python are not
covered in your project, we might also test your knowledge on the subject.
- enroll by sending an eMail to email@example.com with the info below.
- Also, enroll "officially" via FlexNow or your examination office (Prüfungsamt).
We only have limited number of seats. Bachelor's students of "Angewandte Informatik" will be treated with priority.
In your mail please include:
- student ID number (Matrikelnummer)
- study program (e.g., "Bachelor Angewandte Informatik PO13")
- do you own a laptop to use in the course?