Open position for a postdoc / project manager
in the field of AI in the work sciences
with Prof. Laurenz Wiskott at the
Institute for Neural Computation, Bochum, Germany
The Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB, https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en) is one
of the leading research universities. The university draws its strengths
from both the diversity and the proximity of scientific and engineering
disciplines on a single, coherent campus. This highly dynamic setting
enables students and researchers to work across traditional boundaries of
academic subjects and faculties.
The Institute for Neural Computation (INI, https://www.ini.rub.de/) is a
central research institute at the Ruhr-University Bochum. It focuses on
the self-organization of perception and behavior on a functional level but
is otherwise very diverse, ranging from neurophysiology and psychophysics
over computational neuroscience to machine learning and technical
Prof. Dr. Laurenz Wiskott, "Theory of Neural Systems"
The position as a postdoc / project manager is on a salary level 100% TVL
E14, and the appointment is for 4 years starting 1.4., with the option to
become permanent upon success.
The project is part of the competence center HUMAINE (to be founded) for AI
in the work sciences and will be developed in close collaboration with
colleagues at the RUB and application partners in industry, among others.
* Cooperative development and coordination of a transfer-HUB of the
to-be-founded competence center HUMAINE (human centered AI network) at the
* Acquiring and maintaining industry contacts.
* Scientific advice for companies to help them introduce AI in work
* Acquiring and coordinating grant projects for advancing AI in work
* Advising corresponding PhD and student projects.
* Coordination and maintenance of the corresponding publicly available
* Coordination and teaching of advanced training courses about human
centered AI for developers and decision makers in industry.
* PhD in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
* Solid knowledge in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning.
* Good organizational and communicative abilities.
* Good command of German.
* Experience with agile project management.
* Experience in industry cooperations.
* Experience in interdisciplinary projects.
* Good programming and mathematical skills.
* Programming skills in Python.
* An interesting interdisciplinary environment in the field of Artificial
Intelligence / Machine Learning.
* Opportunity to develop an independent research profile.
* Opportunity to pursue further scientific qualification.
* Diverse and interesting contacts at the university, in transfer, and in
* A lot of room for own ideas and initiatives in developing the
Applications (CV, transcript of records for MSc and BSc, statement of
purpose) should be sent as a single pdf file to Prof. Laurenz Wiskott
<email@example.com>. Travel expenses for interviews cannot be
Ruhr University Bochum is committed to equal opportunity in employment and gender equality in its working environment. To increase gender distribution in all job categories and at all levels, we strongly encourage applications from qualified women. Female applicants will be given preferential consideration when their level of qualification, competence and professional achievements equals that of male candidates, unless arguments based on the personal background of a male co-applicant prevail. Applications from appropriately qualified handicapped persons are also encouraged.