Python is a programming language that is wide-spread among scientists due to its readability and powerful standard libraries. This practical course teaches Python to students with prior experience in other programming languages. In addition to introducing the language itself, we will focus on scientific computing including vectors and matrices as well as data processing and mild machine learning. During the second week, participants will implement a project in Python.
- Course type
- Lab courses
- 3 CP
- Summer Term 2021
- Lab course
every day from 09:00 to 17:00 in room IA 0/158-79 (PC Pool 1).
First appointment is on 06.09.2021
Last appointment is on 17.09.2021
We expect fluency in one other programming language and familiarity with concepts like
- control structures
- data types
- object-oriented programming
These concepts will not be taught separately.
The official language of the course is English, and the exams will be given in English.
- Python basics: syntax, interpreter, control structures, data types, OOP
- Scientific computing: NumPy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn
- Project: realization of a project in Python
Grading is based on the project in the second week. If crucial components of Python are not
covered in your project, we might also test your knowledge on the subject.
- enroll by sending an eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the info below.
- Also, enroll "officially" via FlexNow or your examination office (Prüfungsamt).
- Enrollment period: June 1 to July 9, 2021. During this time, spots will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
We only have limited number of seats. Bachelor's students of "Angewandte Informatik" will be treated with priority as participation in one of the programming courses is mandatory for them.
In your mail please include:
- student ID number (Matrikelnummer)
- study program (e.g., "Bachelor Angewandte Informatik PO13")