Python is a programming language that is wide-spread among scientists due to its readability and powerful standard libraries. This practical course teaches Python to students with prior experience in other programming languages. In addition to introducing the language itself, we will focus on scientific computing including vectors and matrices as well as data processing and mild machine learning. During the second week, participants will implement a project in Python.
- Course type
- Lab courses
- 3 CP
- Summer Term 2020
- Lab course
every day from 09:00 to 17:00 in room Online.
First appointment is on 31.08.2020
Last appointment is on 11.09.2020
- Preliminary meeting
Takes place on
from 13:30 to 14:15 in room Online.
We expect fluency in one other programming language and familiarity with concepts like
- control structures
- data types
- object-oriented programming
These concepts will not be taught separately.
The official language of the course is English.
- Python basics: syntax, interpreter, control structures, data types, OOP
- Scientific computing: NumPy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn
- Project: realization of a project in Python
Grading is based on the project in the second week. If crucial components of Python are not
covered in your project, we might also test your knowledge on the subject.
- enroll by sending an eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the info below.
- Also, enroll "officially" via FlexNow or your examination office (Prüfungsamt).
- Enrollment period: June 15 to July 10, 2020.
We only have limited number of seats. Bachelor's students of "Angewandte Informatik" will be treated with priority.
In your mail please include:
- student ID number (Matrikelnummer)
- study program (e.g., "Bachelor Angewandte Informatik PO13")