This lab course covers fundamental concepts of game development and allows students to use their programming skills in a practical environment. It will be held in an online format for now.
- Overview of the game engine Unity
- C#-Fundamentals (Syntax, data types, control structures)
- Gameplay scripting (GameObjects, components, physics, UI)
- Creation and integration of assets (graphics, audio, particle systems, animations)
- Various game-related topics (Game design, game engines, project organization)
The course consists of a lab course and a final project. The lab course takes place over two weeks, in which students will work on various game development tasks after a brief introduction for each unit. From the third week on the acquired knowledge will be used to develop a new game from scratch. Students will work on their games in groups and upload them for the other students to play and rate. You will have about a month to complete your game, but only one week of actual work is required.
Both the lab course and the project have to be completed to pass the course. The final grade is equal to the total number of points reached in the exercises.
- Course type
- Lab courses
- 5 CP
- Summer Term 2021
- Lab course
every day from 09:00 to 17:00 in room ID 03/121 (CIP Pool 2).
First appointment is on 02.08.2021
Last appointment is on 13.08.2021
- This course is designed for students that already have an understanding of basic programming principles.
- Prior knowledge in an object-oriented language like C# or Java is of advantage.
- You need to have access to a computer that is able to run the Unity Engine (https://unity3d.com/de/get-unity/download).
- Access to Discord as well as a working microphone is required for asking questions and handing in the exercises.
- The lectures will be in German, but all course material is only be available in English.
- Communication (questions, handing in exercises) can be done in German or English.